There are lots of groups out there for support, information and social interaction - you are not alone!
Please take a look through the pages to find something of interest to you. If you are not finding something that you want, why not get in touch to discuss trying to set something up yourself with our help.
If you know of any groups that we do not list but would be of interest to local autistic people or their carers, please get in touch so we can support your group and provide the best selection for our users.
Spotlight on: Carer Cafes - Combat Loneliness
Carers' Centre BANES are excited to be expanding their neighboughhood carer cafes thanks to new funding. Ther cafes are a key par of the wider efforts to reduce loneliness and isolation among family carers. Cafés are currently ongoing in Bath (Combe Down), Bishop Sutton and Keynsham. To find out more take a look at the article on the Carers' Centre website.
Access Sport CIO - Disability Inclusive Sport/PA Opportunities
0117 941 5829
Subscribe to the Ignite Bristol newsletter here
Upcoming Opportunities: There’s lots of exciting opportunities happening in the wider Bristol area, please see below and attached for more information – they’ve been numbered for ease. If you require alternative versions or have any questions then please get in touch.
1. Blind / Visually Impaired Sport – for further details contact Marc on 0117 322 4885
a. Football – Starting 29th September, 2 - 3.30pm, Windmill Hill City Farm - Sign Up here
b. Swimming – Every Thursday 11.30am - 12.30pm, Active Centre Bradley Stoke
c. Tennis – Thursdays, 5.30 - 6.30pm at Coombe Dingle. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
d. Cricket – watch this space
2. Powerchair Football Taster Session – Saturday 5th October, 11am – 3pm, Easton Leisure Centre, email email@example.com
3. Swift Swimming Inclusive Gala – Saturday 19th October, 3 - 7.30pm, Horfield Leisure Centre
4. Rockleaze Rangers Football Club – Wednesdays 6.30 – 7.30pm, Hillside Gardens Sports Ground, age 8-16 years
5. Boost Academy Grand Opening – Trampolining, Rebound Therapy, Music, Counselling and Education – Saturday 2nd November, 2 - 4pm, Weston-Super-Mare
6. Flyerz Hockey – monthly sessions starting on Sunday 13th October, 1.30 – 2.30pm, Badminton School. Suitable for children and adults, siblings and parents welcome to join in. Equipment provided. Free.
7. Team100 Easton – Volunteering project offering various inclusive volunteer roles within a sports setting in the Easton area. Join the FB page for more info
Cycling Coach Job Opportunity: Please find below the link for the British Cycling Go-Ride BMX Coach application that has just opened up in Bristol. This role will work with Access Sport and British Cycling to deliver our Making Trax Programme across Bristol. https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/apply