BASS Autism Services provide a service to adults with autism spectrum conditions (ASCs) and professionals and carers who support them. There are allocated services for your geographical.
What they do
• Diagnostic assessments for individuals referred by their GP
• Post-diagnostic support including psycho-education, coping strategies & signposting.
• Provide Advice Services where people can access groups and individual appointments for a range of needs
such as problem solving, emotional support, employment support, benefits, housing, and signposting.
• Offer partner and carer support.
• Support colleagues in secondary services to assess for ASCs.
• Support & consultation to staff who are working with people with an ASC.
• Training in Asperger syndrome and ASCs – ranging from one hour awareness sessions, to a full day’s training
and bespoke training.
What they do not do
• Hold caseloads or Care co-ordinate
• Directly assess and diagnose for other disorders
• Provide long term therapy
• Offer a crisis service
• Prescribe medication
For further information:
Tel: 01275 796200
A few ideas as to what is available to you from BASS...
Newsletters: Contact BASS if you would like to receive the newsletter for the area relevant to you.
Weekly Advice Service: What is offered varies slightly at each of the services, so it is best to check the information on their website, but they offer one to one appointments to meet with a member of staff to discuss issues such as: housing, education, relationships, managing emotions, learning more about autism, signposting to other services.
Bristol: Friday from 12.30 - 4.30pm at the Create Centre, Spike Island.
BaNES: Wednesday afternoon from 1.00 - 5.00pm at the Percy Community Centre, Bath.
North Somerset: every second Wednesday of the month, from 12.30 - 4.30pm at The Campus, Weston-super-Mare.
South Gloucestershire: Friday afternoons from 12.30 - 4.30pm at the Armadillo Cafe, Yate. The post-diagnostic group runs from 12.30 - 2.30pm and the mindfulness group runs from 3.00 - 4.00pm.
For further information and to book an appointment, please contact Gemma Allen: Tel: 01275 796200 or Email: email@example.com
Walks from the Create Centre, Bristol: On every first Friday of the month, starting from the Create Centre. The walks are led gentle strolls in the local area. Special interests for each walk, which take just under 2 hours, with a cafe stop during or after the walk. Trained leaders. Booking is not essential, but it is preferred if participants make contact in advance. Take a look at the flier for more details.
Support Group for Spouses/Partners of people who have Autism/Asperger syndrome
More information on their website - contact BASS if you wish to attend
For Adults whose partner has a diagnosis of an autism spectrum condition (this includes Asperger syndrome).
Monthly – alternating between Petherton Resource Centre & the Create Centre
Petherton: 1st Tuesday of every 2nd month. 6.30-8.30pm
Create Centre: 1st Friday of every 2nd month 10am-12pm